Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hockey = Acting young again





So for our anniversary this year we were able to talk our good friends, the Sniders, into watching our kids overnight so Flavio and I could have a night out. We decided to go see a hockey game. We have been to a game before and had so much fun! So, we decided to do it again. Hockey is an interesting sport. These guys are so good at ice skating and can do almost anything while wearing these huge, crazy uniforms that I am sure weigh a ton. And not only are they athletic and talented and amazing to watch...they also get to act like little junior high kids out on the ice. I mean really, they are able to have school yard fights right there on the ice. They whip off their helmets, throw down their sticks, and duke it out with one another while the crowd cheers. The refs, for the most part, just stand by and watch. I will admit, I laugh through the whole thing. This may not be the best reaction, I should probably be upset that they allow such a thing to happen. But I will admit, live hockey really does equal hilarious entertainment!

We had a lot of fun, and after the game we acted a little childish ourselves and decided to go see a movie. Well, we didn't get back to our hotel until after midnight. All-in-all, it was fun acting young again. Although we both paid for it the next day, as we were exhausted ;)

Thank you Sniders for letting us have a night of youth. :)

I love you Flavio. I hope we get to have many more of those fun times together!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Jamie and Lauren said...

So I grew up with hockey. My dad was a big time player, as was my brother. I was carted around all over the United States going to hockey tournaments. And can I just say that it is one of most favorite sports to watch BECAUSE of the fighting? I love it. In fact, I loved it so much that I wanted to play when I as younger. And all during my soccer years I prayed for a big brawl to happen that emptied the benches so I could be part of it!